Dubeau Auctions Terms & Conditions
The following terms and conditions are applicable to all of our auctions, however some auctions will require further agreement disclosures and will be stated on advertising if it applies to that auction.
Registration with Dubeau Auctions indicates your acceptance of the following terms & conditions listed below.
- All persons are required to be registered in order to obtain an assigned “Bidding Number” from Dubeau Auctions prior to bidding on any item within the auction sale. Valid identification (i.e: valid Driver’s Licence) must be presented to the registration clerk in order to register. Failure to provide valid identification will result in denial of registration and therefore will not be permitted to bid within the auction sale.
- All sales are final. Dubeau Auctions only acts as an agent for the seller. All articles will be sold on an “AS IS - WHERE IS” basis without warranty or recourse. Every effort is made by Dubeau Auctions to describe correctly the property/item being offered for auction, however the descriptions are purely statements of opinion by the Auctioneer or the auction staff members and therefore does not provide the purchaser with any warranty. As posted on the auction advertisement, a preview time is permitted prior to the auction to accommodate individuals to inspect all articles for sale in the condition that they will be sold.
- Unless legal proof of tax exemption is provided at the time of registration, all applicable taxes (Federal Goods & Services Tax 5% and Ontario Retail Sales Tax 8%) will apply to the purchase price plus the Buyer’s Premium (as posted or advertised).
- The highest bidder acknowledged by the Auctioneer shall be deemed the purchaser and is required to show his assigned “Bidding Number” to the Auctioneer immediately. Once this number has been accepted by the Auctioneer that bidder now accepts ownership and all responsibility for that item and thus Dubeau Auctions will not be held responsible or liable for any damage, loss or liability of the article once it has been sold.
- All articles must be Paid In Full on the day of the auction sale and before removal from the premises at which the auction sale was conducted. All articles must be removed from the premises the day of the auction unless mutually satisfactory arrangements have been made prior to the sale. The purchaser assumes all responsibility for packing and the safe removal/transportation of the articles purchased including any removal/shipping fees, licences, permits and/or insurance requirements.
- In the event the purchaser fails to pay for or fails to remove the article(s) within the aforementioned time limit, the Auctioneer reserves the right to claim title to the property sold and hold the defaulter responsible for all storage and/or transportation costs and the expenses involved in the re-sale of the items.
- The Auctioneer reserves the right to withdraw any lot from the auction sale or to divide any lot in the auction sale or to combine any lots in the auction sale at his/her sole discretion without prior notice.
- Any lot put up for auction could be subject to an unpublished reserve price imposed by the seller. If there is a reserve price on an article, the item is identified as such at the introduction of the auction and/or before the item is sold.
- Absentee & Phone bids shall be accepted by Dubeau Auctions provided that the bidder accepts all the Terms and Conditions of the auction sale and that your registration has been accepted by Dubeau Auctions prior to the sale of the item for absentee bids and two days prior to the auction sale date for phone bids. The Auctioneer and staff will make every effort to execute the bids competitively. If a absentee bid or phone bid was successful, the bidder will be contacted by phone within 3 days to make payment and shipping/pickup arrangements. All shipping costs will be charged to the purchaser and in addition to the purchase price plus Buyer’s Premium and all applicable taxes.
- Dubeau Auctions reserves the right to refuse admission, to refuse any or all bids of a particular individual attending the auction with just cause. Anyone tampering with or moving the articles for sale will be asked to leave the auction. All shoplifters will be prosecuted by law.
- Dubeau Auctions, the Auctioneer nor the Proprietors shall not be held liable or responsible for personal injury, accidents or loss on day of sale
- Please note: Dubeau Auctions’ employees may be bidding on items either for themselves or for absentee bidders.
Cash, Debit, Visa, MasterCard, Bank Draft unless otherwise noted.
Personal cheques are not accepted unless approved by Dubeau Auctions prior to the auction sale date. Anyone issuing a NSF cheque or ordering a Stop Payment on a cheque will be held financially liable for replacement & bank service charges, legal fees, and any other expenses incurred by our company to pursue the collection of a fraudulent cheque.